Friday, March 28, 2008

Difference

I was talking online with a couple of girls from the dating website last night. They are very different people but both have great qualities. One of them is a few years older than I am (although age isn't really a big deal for me) and it seems we have a lot in common. We spent quite a while talking about a lot of different things, including a movie that turned out to be a mutual favourite. And she's also a big Woody Allen fan. Normally I don't mention Woody Allen to most people due to the fact that people either don't know who he is or only know about him because of his personal life and haven't seen any of his movies. Perhaps it's just my generation. I was once telling someone about how much I love Woody Allen movies but the person I was talking to didn't know who he was. Her friend said she knew who I was talking about but I soon realised that she was thinking of Woody Harrelson. Not quite the same thing...

Anyway, the first girl and I have a lot in common. In addition, she also happens to be a writer and she's clearly very intelligent. That's a big plus. I really got a sense of her intelligence just reading her profile but talking to her online made it clear that she is a deep thinker. And she's got a big vocabulary - that's sort of what grabbed my attention to begin with.

The other girl is a few years younger than I am and she's a little more outgoing than I am. But we also have a lot in common. We talked a little about our previous relationships, how we've been hurt in the past and how we've handled it. Not that it was a depressing conversation or anything, it was pretty light-hearted; I suppose the best way to describe it might be that we seem like people who are more similar to one another than we might have initially thought. I think we're going to meet on the weekend so I'll see if we hit it off as well in person. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself but I can't help hoping that we click. If we end up meeting tomorrow - and there's a pretty good chance we will - I should have a better idea about my chances tomorrow night.

No comments: