Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Date

I mentioned yesterday that I was meeting someone for lunch today. Someone I met on a dating website. Well, we met and got to know each other a little over a coffee and, after losing track of the time, what turned out to be a rather late lunch. I was nervous, as expected, but I think I managed to play it pretty cool (or at least as cool as a geek like me can play it). In fact, all things considered, I think the two of us actually hit it off.

I'm not going to deconstruct the situation - I've already caught myself thinking things like 'when she said ___, does that mean she really thinks ___?' and, realising it's not constructive, I've stopped myself mid-thought - but we did talk for a couple of hours and there weren't too many lulls in the conversation. She also didn't seem in a hurry to leave - I'm pretty sure that's a good sign. Well, at least it's not a bad one.

All in all, today was a pretty good day. I think we'll probably see each other again (I'm definitely interested but I guess it's up to her) but even if we don't I at least had the chance to have lunch with a genuinely lovely girl while managing to avoid becoming overly self-conscious and introverted. Hopefully that means I'm heading in the right direction.

4 comments:

kylie said...

hi babe,
seems like a successful interaction!
you seem to be approaching it the right way
bravo
talk soon,
k

Kookaburra said...

Hi Muser,
Good to see a more positive post.
Wishing you a Happy Easter.
m.

Cece said...

Yeah!!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!! Keep the positive thoughts flowing. I just know you can turn things around. You have the potential to be a beautiful flower, because you are alread a very handsome bloom!.

kylie said...

where are you ?
where's an update ?
c'mon, i'm on the edge of my seat !!
take care
k