Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolute

In my first ever act of New Year's Resolution-making I have decided to start a blog. I can't say I lead the most interesting life but, as someone who claims to desire a career in writing, this will serve as a way to get me writing more regularly. And by that I mean more regularly than never.

So, for hopefully months and years to come, I will publish a new entry every day or so. I'm still not sure what will fill those entries but spending my days stringing words together is surely a better use of my time than watching TV.

More than likely I will fall back on old standards like the fact that I am forever single and, as most of my friends are in long term relationships or are married, I'm beginning to wonder whether I'll be single indefinitely and in perpetuity. Maybe one's mid-twenties are not the time to be worrying about such things but with each passing year it seems that more and more of my contemporaries are getting married and I'm struggling to find someone to have a cup of coffee with me. I don't fancy my chances of stealing the likes of Heidi Klum away from Seal but there are an awful lot of guys out there who are intellectually and emotionally comparable to actual seals and yet they have no problem picking up girls. It's getting to the point where I doubt I could attract a seal myself, even with a bucket of fish.

I suppose it comes down to this: I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've heard "You're a really nice guy, but..." more times than I care to remember and while I don't like to think that nice guys finish last I know that this one always seems to.

With more of that to look forward to, aren't you glad you clicked here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, am.............